Terms and Conditions
Use of the Site
All Health Professionals who deliver Services through DoktorConnect are medical professionals practicing within a group of corporately owned professional practices collectively known as “DoktorConnect Professionals”. DoktorConnect, by Josmol Consult Inc. does not practice medicine or any other licensed profession, and does not interfere with the practice of medicine or any other licensed profession by Healthcare Professionals, each of whom is responsible for his or her services and compliance with the requirements applicable to his or her profession and license. Neither DoktorConnect nor any third parties who promote the Services or provide you with a link to the Services shall be liable for any professional advice you obtain from a Healthcare Professional via the Services.
None of the Site content (other than information you receive from specific Healthcare Professionals) should be considered medical advice or an endorsement, representation or warranty that any particular medication or treatment is safe, appropriate, or effective for you.
When you register on the Site, you are required to create an account (“Account”) by entering your name, email address, password and certain other information collected by DoktorConnect (collectively “Account Information”). To create an Account, you must be of legal age to form a binding contract. If you are not of legal age to form a binding contract, you may not register to use our Services. You agree that the Account Information that you always provide to us, including during registration and in any information, you upload to the Site, will be true, accurate, current, and complete. You may not transfer or share your Account password with anyone or create more than one Account (except for sub accounts established for children of whom you are the parent or legal guardian). You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Account password and for all activities that occur under your Account. DoktorConnect reserves the right to take all action, as it deems necessary or reasonable, regarding the security of the Site and your Account Information. In no event and under no circumstances shall DoctorConnect be held liable to you for any liabilities or damages resulting from or arising out of your use of the Site, your use of the Account Information or your release of the Account Information to a third party. You may not use anyone else's account at any time.
Use of the Services by Children
- i: impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- ii: use the Site or Services to violate any local, state, national or international law;
- iii: reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, or translate any software or other components of the Site or Services;
- iv: distribute viruses or other harmful computer code through the Site; or
- v: otherwise use the Services or Site in any manner that exceeds the scope of use granted above. In addition, you agree to refrain from abusive language and behavior which could be regarded as inappropriate, or conduct that is unlawful or illegal, when communicating with Healthcare Professionals through the Site and to refrain from contacting Healthcare Professionals for telehealth services outside of the Site. DoktorConnect is not responsible for any interactions with Healthcare Professionals that are not conducted through the Site. We strongly recommend that you do not use the Services on public computers. We also recommend that you do not store your Account password through your web browser or other software.
Fees and Purchase Terms
You may deactivate your Account and end your registration at any time, for any reason by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. DoktorConnect may suspend or terminate your use of the Site, your Account and/or registration for any reason at any time. Subject to applicable law, DoktorConnect reserves the right to maintain, delete or destroy all communications and materials posted or uploaded to the Site pursuant to its internal record retention and/or content destruction policies. After such termination, DoktorConnect will have no further obligation to provide the Services, except to the extent we are obligated to provide you access to your health records or Healthcare Professionals are required to provide you with continuing care under their applicable legal, ethical and professional obligations to you.
Right to Modify
Disclaimer of warranties
You expressly agree that use of the site or services is at your sole risk. Both the site and services are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. DoktorConnect by Josmol Consult expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to any warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular use or purpose, non-infringement, title, operability, condition, quiet enjoyment, value, accuracy of data and system integration.
Limitation of liability
You understand that to the extent permitted under applicable law, in no event will DoktorConnect by Josmol Consult or their officers, employees, directors, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents or licensors be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of revenues, profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses arising out of or related to your use of the site or the services, regardless of whether such damages are based on contract, tort (including negligence and strict liability), warranty, statute or otherwise.
To the extent that we may not, as a matter of applicable law, disclaim any implied warranty or limit its liabilities, the scope and duration of such warranty and the extent of our liability will be the minimum permitted under such applicable law.
DoktorConnect makes no representation that all products, services and/or material described on the Site, or the Services available through the Site, are appropriate or available for use in locations outside Nigeria because the environment might not be technology friendly or compatible with our operation.
All Health Professionals performing licensed clinical services on the Site hold the professional licenses issued by the professional licensing boards or agencies in Nigeria. All physicians and psychologists hold advanced degrees in either medicine or psychology and have undergone postgraduate training. You can report a complaint relating to the care provided by a Healthcare Professional by contacting the professional licensing board in the state where the care was received. In a professional relationship, sexual intimacy is never appropriate and should be reported to us, the board or agency that licenses, registers, or certifies the licensee as stated above.
Any clinical records created as a result of your use of the Services will be securely maintained by DoktorConnect on behalf of DoktorConnect Professionals for a period that is no less than the minimum number of years such records are required to be maintained under state and federal law, which is typically at least six years.
We will not be liable for any information, software, or links found at any other website, internet location, or source of information, nor for your use of such information, software or links, nor for the acts or omissions of any such websites or their respective operators.
Certain of the names, logos, and other materials displayed on the Site or in the Services may constitute trademarks, trade names, service marks or logos ("Marks") of DoktorConnect or other entities. You are not authorized to use any such Marks without the express written permission of DoktorConnect. Ownership of all such Marks and the goodwill associated therewith remains with us or those other entities.
Privacy and Communications
As part of providing you with the Services, we may need to provide you with certain communications such as appointment reminders, service announcements, privacy notices, administrative messages and other communications about the Services (“Communications”). These Communications are considered part of the Services and your Account.
- i: by email, using the address that you provided to us during registration,
- ii: short messaging service (“SMS”) text message to the mobile number you provided us during registration (“SMS Messages”),
- iii: push notifications on your tablet or mobile device, or
- iv: by posting Communications on the Site. The delivery of any Communications from us is effective when sent by us, regardless of whether you read the Communication. You can withdraw your consent to receive Communications by deactivating your Account. While secure electronic messaging is always preferred to insecure email, under certain circumstances, insecure email communication containing personal health information may take place between you and DoktorConnect. DoktorConnect cannot ensure the security or confidentiality of messages sent by email. Information relating to your care, including clinical notes and medical records, are stored on secure, encrypted servers maintained by Doctor On Demand.
SMS Messages Terms and Conditions
The number of SMS Messages we send as part of our Communications will depend on the frequency of your use of the Services. You can stop receiving SMS Messages at any time by texting "STOP" to …………… If you send the message "STOP" to us, we will send you a reply message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed from SMS Messages. After this, you will no longer receive SMS Messages from us. If you text "HELP" to us, we will reply with instructions on how to receive SMS Messages as well as how to unsubscribe from SMS Messages. Participating Carriers MTN, Globalcom, 9Mobile, Etisalat, AirTel Message and data rates may apply for any messages sent to you from us and to us from you. If you have any questions about your text plan or data plan, it is best to contact your wireless provider.
MTN, Globalcom, 9Mobile, Etisalat, AirTel
Message and data rates may apply for any messages sent to you from us and to us from you. If you have any questions about your text plan or data plan, it is best to contact your wireless provider.